Dental Crowns in San Diego
Many problems can affect the structural integrity of a tooth, including decay, grinding teeth, or dental trauma. In cases when a tooth is severely weakened, placing a dental crown can restore the structure and function of the affected tooth. As a prosthodontist, Dr. Richard Feinberg is a specialist in dental prosthetics as well as the practice of general dentistry, making him the top choice for dental crowns in San Diego.
Who May Need a Dental Crown
Like the name implies, a crown is placed on top of a tooth. Crowns are intended to be permanent fixtures on a tooth, meaning that they are cemented into place. You can envision a crown as a cap that fully encases the entire tooth, from your gum line to the top of the tooth. Crowns are placed for a variety of reasons, including:
- For people with serious dental decay that threatens the structural integrity of a tooth
- In situations when a tooth is cracked, broken, or severely worn
- To build up the strength of a tooth that already contains a large filling. In these situations, there is little natural tooth tissue left to give the tooth strength, necessitating a dental crown.
- To keep a dental bridge in place, filling a gap made by missing teeth.
- For people with a tooth that is severely misshapen or discolored, a crown provides a more attractive external covering for the tooth.
- Crowns are placed to cover dental implants, which are a permanent solution to missing teeth.
The best dentist for dental crowns in San Diego. I was in so much pain from my tooth, and I was completely fixed up with a crown in one visit and back to work that day! I will continue to have all my dental work done by Dr. Feinberg from now on. Thanks for everything! -Anne F.
Receiving Dental Crowns in San Diego
Receiving a dental crown typically takes several visits, although Dr. Feinberg also provides the best one-visit crowns in San Diego. First, Dr. Feinberg will reduce the size of your tooth to ensure that the crown fits properly. After taking an impression of the teeth, a crown will be created that perfectly matches the size and shape of tooth needed. This ensures that your bite and chewing abilities are normal.
After the crown is created, it is carefully placed over the tooth. Special dental cement keeps the crown in place, allowing you to resume your regular activities without worrying about it coming loose.
The Best Dental Crowns San Diego Has to Offer
As a prosthodontist, Dr. Feinberg received several years of advanced training above and beyond his regular dental medicine degree. This included training in creating attractive crowns, matching tooth color, and perfectly placing dental implants and crowns. This experience makes him the top provider of dental crowns in San Diego. Contact us today to learn more.