Dental X-Rays in San Diego
Although any dentist can provide X-rays, it takes a skilled practitioner to correctly interpret images and make an accurate diagnosis. This is where Dr. Richard Feinberg’s expertise sets him apart. Dr. Feinberg is the preferred provider of dental X-rays in San Diego. He will take the images needed to diagnose and treat your dental problems.
Purpose of Dental X-Rays
Dental X-rays are the best way to get images of your teeth and surrounding tissues. X-ray pictures include images of the teeth, bones, and soft tissue of the jaw. This includes the ability to visualize areas that are difficult or impossible to see in a visual examination.
There are several forms of X-rays, including:
- Bitewing X-rays. This is a common form of X-ray that provides a single view including the upper and lower back teeth. They can help to diagnose decay between the teeth. When taking a bitewing X-ray, you will be asked to bite down on a small piece of plastic.
- Periapical X-rays. The periapical view shows the entire tooth, including its supporting bones. This can be helpful for diagnosing problems below the surface of the gum line.
- Occlusal X-rays. This type of X-ray is a picture of the roof or floor of the mouth, which helps to diagnose problems in the jaw or soft tissues.
"I got my dental x-rays done with Dr. Feinberg. Not gonna lie, it was pretty awesome. He really took the time to show me the x-ray results and really explain the findings and procedures using the x-ray to help me understand better. He didn't rush through it or leave any question unanswered. This is a top notch dentist right here!"
Common Questions about Dental X-Rays
- Are dental X-rays safe? X-rays use small amounts of radiation, but they are considered safe for most children and adults. If you are concerned about X-ray radiation, Dr. Feinberg will discuss the risks and benefits of X-ray imaging for you.
- What are digital X-rays? Traditional X-rays needed to be developed on film, but today’s techniques send the images straight to a computer.
- What can dental X-rays show? Dental X-rays can help us diagnose cavities, bone loss, abscesses, impacted teeth, and other dental issues.
- How often should I receive dental X-rays? Healthy adults may need X-rays every couple of years, but those with certain conditions may require more frequent monitoring. Dr. Feinberg can recommend the frequency that is best for you.
When it is time to get dental X-rays in San Diego, choose Dr. Feinberg. Dr. Feinberg has over three decades of experience diagnosing and treating dental problems. This means that he catches routine problems like cavities as well as rarer dental problems that may go undetected by a less experienced dentist.
Contact us today to make an appointment for your dental X-rays. Dr. Feinberg will walk you through every step of the process, explaining his findings and recommended treatments.