Teeth Whitening in San Diego
Everyone deserves to flash a wide, brilliant smile. Having a whiter smile makes many people feel more attractive and confident. Although many patients experiment with over-the-counter whitening toothpastes or dental strips, nothing can top the teeth whitening you can get at a dentist’s office. Dr. Feinberg provides professional grade teeth whitening in San Diego, helping his patients achieve the beautiful smiles they’ve always wanted.
Factors that Cause Teeth to Become Dull or Discolored
When babies begin to teeth, they have beautiful pearly whites that pop through their gums. However, this lovely white color is short lived. A number of factors contribute to teeth that become duller or discolored. Modifying your diet or lifestyle can prevent some of this discoloration, and teeth whitening services can restore your natural shade. Consider the following factors:
- Coffee. Coffee drinkers often develop brownish teeth from their habit.
- Tobacco products. Both smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco contributes to discolored teeth. These brown stains may be lightened by teeth whitening procedures.
- Wine. Regularly drinking red wine can discolor your teeth.
- Soda. Frequently drinking soda may discolor your teeth. Rinsing with water or mouthwash after enjoying a beverage may help.
- Aging. Simply getting older can cause your teeth to become yellow. This is because the outer enamel coating on teeth tends to wear away, revealing the yellowish dentin layer beneath.
- Poor dental hygiene. Failing to floss and brush your teeth regularly promotes the growth of bacteria. Oral bacteria often cause teeth to develop a yellowish tint.
"I got my teeth whitened 2 days before my wedding, and OMG, the results were outstanding! My teeth were many shades away from the pearly whites we all want because of the stains from 10 years of coffee & smoking. Afraid of what my wedding pictures would look like I got a teeth whitening treatment. My teeth looked amazing and my wedding pictures looked awesome! Thank you Dr. Feinberg for bringing out my wedding smile. Truly the best teeth whitening San Diego has to offer!"
Professional Grade Teeth Whitening Services
Professional teeth whitening stands out from over-the-counter versions for its increased efficacy. Although both home and professional grade whitening procedures use similar chemicals, Dr. Feinberg can use a much higher concentration of the active whitening ingredient. This results in a more even, brighter shade of white.
One of the drawbacks of at-home whitening gel is that it can cause aching or tenderness when applied to teeth. At Dr. Feinberg’s office, this highly concentrated whitening gel can be applied in a more controlled setting. This form of whitening is particularly helpful for discoloration associated with aging, tobacco use, or consumption of coffee, soda, and other dark-colored beverages.
If you’ve been longing for a brighter smile, don’t hesitate to transform your look. Contact us today to learn more about the teeth whitening options San Diego patients receive from Dr. Feinberg. He is an expert in helping patients find the perfect shade of white to complement their skin tone and overall appearance. Make an appointment today to refresh your smile.